Apps Like 'KISSHT' Breaching Your Privacy: Did You Know, How The Small Loan Apps Like 'KISSHT' Give You Instant Loan Without Any Security? and Breaching Your Personal Data/Privacy

You may already familiar with, almost all the mobile apps collect your personal data for their own purposes? Whenever we install any mobile apps, they ask for some permissions and we usually allow all of them without looking into what they're asking for. These permissions can included access to your locations, media etc. Google is the one of biggest website who collect the information from you.

Basically, some websites like Google use your personal data for your own benefit. For Example: If you're planning for a trip to Thailand and you search some travel packages, offers etc. on Google or when you talk with your friends over text about planning to visit Thailand (Google and other apps also know what you type in your mobile keyword). Then, Google start showing some great offers, deals etc. for trip to Thailand. This is for your own benefits whenever you plan on something to buy, search some terms on Google, visit some websites and wait for it. You'll then start seeing relevant ads with the great offers.


But collecting information and stealing information is a big difference. The information they steal can be used for any purposes and you definitely don't know that your the information which they steal from you can be used as security purposes. Today, a lot of apps like 'KISSHT - EMI without credit card' provide you small instant loan (with very high interest and charges) and you only have to provide only few documents such as Adhar card, PAN etc. Do you even think of that how they're giving you instant loan without any security? Even, if you want to get a loan from bank they you've to provide some guarantee or something but how these apps give you loan by having only Adhar card, PAN etc.?? Even, they're charging too high interest rate, late fee cause you'll have to pay them at any cost. How? Let me show you.

BEWARE OF THE APPS LIKE 'KISSHT - EMI WITHOUT CREDIT CARD' OR ANY OTHER SMALL LOANS APPS - SEE HOW!!

Let me share one of experience with you, about taking loan from these apps like 'KISSHT'. I was browsing some small loan apps and I found this 'KISSHT' app then i apply for the loan. They approved 3000 INR of loan for 15 days and I only have to provide them my selfie, Adhar, PAN that's it. They didn't mention any extra charges or anything when i was going to apply for the loan, I thought the approved loan amount is 3000 INR, if i get it I may only have to pay some interest or other charges which can be maximum of 200-300 maximum. When I applied the loan, they approved it instantly and told me that amount will be credited within few minutes.I wait for an hour but they didn't process the amount, then after 3-4 hours, they transferred money into my bank account and guest what? They approved 3000 INR of loan but they only transferred 2381 INR into my bank account. That means, the interest and other charges of 3K loan is 619 for 15 days.
When i figured out the charges, I immediately contacted them and ask them to take the money back i don't need it and i won't pay that huge amount. But no one responded me for several days, I thought why they aren't responding they should be worried whether I am gonna pay their money back or now? But they wasn't worried at all, i found out later.


When the due date of 15 days reached, they started calling me and i ask them that they can't charge that huge amount only for 3K of loan for 15 days even if they do, they should tell customers before they apply for the loan.
After that, I denied to pay that huge amount as I said that i'll pay the money back but I won't pay that huge charges. I only get 2381 INR and there can't be 619 INR of fee then the real game begins...

Remember I told you about, the apps like 'KISSHT' are stealing data/bleaching your privacy? and how they use it?
(This is the part) When i said, i won't pay that huge amount of charges just for 2381 INR of loan the person from customer care said, they've my whole contact list (Which they accesses from my phone when i installed their app) and if i don't pay the loan amount? They started blackmailing me saying that they'll call to each and every person on my contact list. Really?
This was their collateral privacy, this is why they don't care about any guarantee or anything, this is why they give loan to anyone only through the Adhar or PAN. When i denied paying that charges, they said they'll call everyone on my contact list saying that am not paying to them. This is just ridiculous, I mean they just took the whole contact list from my phone, if they took my whole contact list, we can't even imagine what other things they've took from my phone? even our bank details, our personal images or it can be anything.
I can't even imagine how they can copy my whole contact list? it's my personal data and anyone can't have the access of it without my permission. Even, they can sell my contact list to any other company for marketing purposes. Even if someone doesn't pay their loan amount, they can just recover their money by selling our contact list or we can't even imagine what other things they can sell which is our personal data and they've the access of everything!!!

When I figure out that they took each and every data from my phone, I decided to teach them a lesson. I've now decided to raise this issue into NBFCs/RBI, this is quite serious matter and they can't do like this with anyone.
So this is the warning, whenever you install any mobile app or decided to get any kind of loan or anything, you should carefully see what they can do? They can easily give you anything saying low cost / 0% interest or anything, but once you get that they can put any amount of charges and you'll only have one option, to pay them all. If you don't they can manipulate you like this, if they've your contact list? they can easily threaten you or blackmail you.

Comments